Friday, December 23, 2011

3D Design Final Project

For our final project in my 3D Design class at UVU, we had to create an "assemblage" of things and have it represent us. Almost immediately this idea popped into my head and I started sketching it down on paper. I wanted it to be a tree that I could hang things I'm made off of and and something fun and quirky. It wasn't long after my idea started forming that I decided I wanted to drill a hole in some books and use that as the base. So, off to DI I went. After I bought the books, I quickly realized that I had no more money left to spend and that whatever I did, would have to be made of free materials. I originally thought I was going to make the little tree out of wire, because just getting a branch would be too flimsy, but using a branch was a free option and wire was not. Then I had to find a way to make it sturdy enough to hold my wire jewelry I make. I remembered the drawer full of scrap fabric in my closet and decided to wrap pieces around the branches by dipping them in school glue/water mix. That took a while, but it got done. We have some left over chalkboard paint from our summer in a Farmer's Market so I painted the cover of the top book so I could draw things on it. I even made a little wallet to dangle out of some of my favorite fabric.

 So, this tree is quirky, fun, colorful, and unique. Just like me. Good thing I got an A!









1 comment: